Politics & Elections
Paladino to Cuomo: "No cojones"
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Carl Paladino is determined to try to irritate his Democratic rival Andrew Cuomo, who so far has not agreed to a debate.
"Andrew has to address the people, and it's time he got a set of cojones to be able to do that. He's been hiding because he can't answer the issues," Paladino said.
Paladino has even put out a flier using the same salty language.
A letter from Paladino to Cuomo today also reads, "I don't think you have the cojones to face me... don't hide behind daddy's coattails... come out and debate like a man."
Another flier last week questioned Cuomo's claim that he can clean up Albany.
"W'ere saying he should clean himself up first. He's the one who doesn't find any conflict or anything indictable about Sheldon Silver," Paladino said.
His comments about Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, who's Jewish, have angered quite a few.
Paladino defended a friend earlier this year who called silver a Hitler, the anti-Christ.
"It is beyond acceptable to use the language that he has used to refer to a Jewish leader as a Hitler. Has Paladino read his history?" New York Assemblyman Dov Hikind said.
Jewish leaders blasted Paladino a racist and a bigot.
Paladino has defended some of his comments and apologized for others. Still a lot of people say such language disqualifies Paladino from even running for office.
"What the hell is wrong with him? Is he out of his freakin' mind? What is this going to accomplish?" Hikind said.
Meanwhile, the state Democratic Committee that Cuomo directs released a statement calling one of Paladino's recent campaign ads demeaning and inappropriate.
The ad puts Cuomo's face on a man in a shower trying to clean "Special Interests" and other dirt away.
2010 vote, election, andrew cuomo, carl paladino, new york governor, politics & elections, dave evans
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 57 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 12 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 20 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 13 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 22 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
57 min ago