Politics & Elections
Up Close with Diana Williams
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Japan battles to stop a nuclear meltdown and now, there are concerns about a nuclear power plant here in our area.
A government study suggests that Indian Point in Westchester is the most dangerous nuclear reactor in the country.
Bill Ritter sits down with former New York State Assembly Richard Brodsky and former Long Island Assembly Jerry Kramer to discuss in detail how much of a threat Indian Point really is.
Also, fresh from Japan, WABC Reporter NJ Burkett shares what he saw and what he felt as the rescue efforts continue in a devastated Japan.
And finally, if you want to help Japan, Red Cross Volunteer Craig Cooper explains the different ways to help the victims of the earthquake in Japan and the Pacific tsunami.
For more information visit: www.redcross.org
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse