Politics & Elections
Up Close for July 31st, 2011
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Should the people of Long Island borrow $400 million to build a new Nassau County Coliseum?
The $400 million comes out to about 58 bucks for every household in Nassau County.
Supporters say the coliseum and minor league ball park will bring jobs, while opponents say the financially strapped county just can't afford this project.
Today, we will hear from both sides.
Also on Up Close, Bronx community leaders speak out about the proposed cuts for postal services.
Finally, healthy eating.
Wich foods are really healthy, and wich are not?
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos