Politics & Elections
Up Close for July 31st, 2011
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Should the people of Long Island borrow $400 million to build a new Nassau County Coliseum?
The $400 million comes out to about 58 bucks for every household in Nassau County.
Supporters say the coliseum and minor league ball park will bring jobs, while opponents say the financially strapped county just can't afford this project.
Today, we will hear from both sides.
Also on Up Close, Bronx community leaders speak out about the proposed cuts for postal services.
Finally, healthy eating.
Wich foods are really healthy, and wich are not?
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 49 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 39 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos