Politics & Elections
Up Close: Veterans facing challenges
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Diana Williams and her guests discuss the challenges facing veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan
Veterans are coming home finding many difficulties. The unemployment rate for veterans is at 12.1 percent compared with 9 percent for civilians.
In addition, because of the poor economy, donations to veterans organizations are coming up short.
Diana and her guests discuss these issues and what is being done to try to improve the situation.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House 21 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 33 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate 15 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees