Politics & Elections
Up Close for February 12, 2012
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite Governor Chris Christie's veto threat, the New Jersey State Senate is moving forward on a vote to legalize same sex marriage.
We hear from New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney on the vote and why he's not afraid of Chris Christie.
Also, a scathing audit calls the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey challenged and dysfunctional.
Who ends up paying for the financial mismanagement? We get the Port Authority's response.
Finally, a major political victory for New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Just days from being elevated to Cardinal, he's proving his influence reaches beyond religion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos