Politics & Elections
Up Close for February 12, 2012
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite Governor Chris Christie's veto threat, the New Jersey State Senate is moving forward on a vote to legalize same sex marriage.
We hear from New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney on the vote and why he's not afraid of Chris Christie.
Also, a scathing audit calls the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey challenged and dysfunctional.
Who ends up paying for the financial mismanagement? We get the Port Authority's response.
Finally, a major political victory for New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Just days from being elevated to Cardinal, he's proving his influence reaches beyond religion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos