Politics & Elections
Up Close: Charlie Rangel and Gridlock Sam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite being dogged by ethics problems, Charlie Rangel won his 21st term in congress two years ago with 80 percent of the vote.
Two years later, his district has shifted from district 15 to district 13 because of redistricting. It extends into the Bronx, and more than half of the population is Hispanic.
The congressman is also facing new challengers for the primary this time around.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 58 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 51 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act