Politics & Elections
Up Close: Charlie Rangel and Gridlock Sam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite being dogged by ethics problems, Charlie Rangel won his 21st term in congress two years ago with 80 percent of the vote.
Two years later, his district has shifted from district 15 to district 13 because of redistricting. It extends into the Bronx, and more than half of the population is Hispanic.
The congressman is also facing new challengers for the primary this time around.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
34 min ago