Politics & Elections
Up Close: Charlie Rangel and Gridlock Sam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Despite being dogged by ethics problems, Charlie Rangel won his 21st term in congress two years ago with 80 percent of the vote.
Two years later, his district has shifted from district 15 to district 13 because of redistricting. It extends into the Bronx, and more than half of the population is Hispanic.
The congressman is also facing new challengers for the primary this time around.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 31 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest