Politics & Elections
Up Close: Challengers to Charles Rangel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Candidates are lining up to challenge veteran Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel for his congressional seat.
Rangel has held the seat for more than four decades, and is running for his 22nd term in office.
He represents New York's 13th congressional district, formerly the 15th district.
Like all congressional districts in the state, it was redrawn this year.
We asked all the candidates running in the district's Democratic primary to join us on the program to discuss the issues.
Rangel and Adriano Espillat declined our invitation.
But three other candidates joined us.
They are Clyde Williams, a former adviser to President Clinton, Joyce Johnson, a Harlem community activist, and Craig Schley, also a community activist and former intern to Charles Rangel.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 34 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 18 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 17 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 15 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 34 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
34 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
15 min ago