Politics & Elections
Up Close: NYC Congressional Election
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Adriano Espaillat admitted defeat after coming close to beating veteran Congressman Charles Rangel.
But questions remain about how the Board of Elections handled the primary.
Was there, as some have alleged, voter suppression?
The controversial and bitter primary election took place in New York's 13th congressional district.
Two weeks after the election, Espaillat conceded the race.
He had mounted a court challenge after the Board of Elections failed to register results from more than 70 voting districts on the night of the primary.
After the absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Espaillat dropped the challenge and admitted the numbers just didn't work in his favor.
But there are still some unresolved questions about the primary process.
Espaillat joins us on this week's show.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos