Politics & Elections
Up Close: NYC Congressional Election
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Adriano Espaillat admitted defeat after coming close to beating veteran Congressman Charles Rangel.
But questions remain about how the Board of Elections handled the primary.
Was there, as some have alleged, voter suppression?
The controversial and bitter primary election took place in New York's 13th congressional district.
Two weeks after the election, Espaillat conceded the race.
He had mounted a court challenge after the Board of Elections failed to register results from more than 70 voting districts on the night of the primary.
After the absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Espaillat dropped the challenge and admitted the numbers just didn't work in his favor.
But there are still some unresolved questions about the primary process.
Espaillat joins us on this week's show.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles 56 min ago
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS 42 min ago
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Third grader killed in accident, truck...
56 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
43 min ago
- Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos