Politics & Elections
Up Close: NYC Congressional Election
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Adriano Espaillat admitted defeat after coming close to beating veteran Congressman Charles Rangel.
But questions remain about how the Board of Elections handled the primary.
Was there, as some have alleged, voter suppression?
The controversial and bitter primary election took place in New York's 13th congressional district.
Two weeks after the election, Espaillat conceded the race.
He had mounted a court challenge after the Board of Elections failed to register results from more than 70 voting districts on the night of the primary.
After the absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Espaillat dropped the challenge and admitted the numbers just didn't work in his favor.
But there are still some unresolved questions about the primary process.
Espaillat joins us on this week's show.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
6 min ago