Politics & Elections
Up Close: NYC Congressional Election
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Adriano Espaillat admitted defeat after coming close to beating veteran Congressman Charles Rangel.
But questions remain about how the Board of Elections handled the primary.
Was there, as some have alleged, voter suppression?
The controversial and bitter primary election took place in New York's 13th congressional district.
Two weeks after the election, Espaillat conceded the race.
He had mounted a court challenge after the Board of Elections failed to register results from more than 70 voting districts on the night of the primary.
After the absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Espaillat dropped the challenge and admitted the numbers just didn't work in his favor.
But there are still some unresolved questions about the primary process.
Espaillat joins us on this week's show.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 23 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 55 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams