Politics & Elections
Up Close: NYC Congressional Election
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Adriano Espaillat admitted defeat after coming close to beating veteran Congressman Charles Rangel.
But questions remain about how the Board of Elections handled the primary.
Was there, as some have alleged, voter suppression?
The controversial and bitter primary election took place in New York's 13th congressional district.
Two weeks after the election, Espaillat conceded the race.
He had mounted a court challenge after the Board of Elections failed to register results from more than 70 voting districts on the night of the primary.
After the absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Espaillat dropped the challenge and admitted the numbers just didn't work in his favor.
But there are still some unresolved questions about the primary process.
Espaillat joins us on this week's show.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
11 min ago