Politics & Elections
Up Close: Eliot Spitzer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's no longer the sheriff of Wall Street, sparking fear and trying to keep 'em honest.
But that's not stopping former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer from targeting financial bad guys.
This time, with neither handcuffs nor the power of subpoena, Spitzer from his perch as a cable TV host, is taking aim at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its former president Tim Geithner, who just happens to now be Secretary of the Treasury.
Spitzer says the Fed knew before the rest of us about the growing interest rate rigging scandal and did nothing to stop what could become one of the biggest bank frauds in history.
As attorney general and governor, Spitzer used his office to go after corporate giants, making him political enemy number one on Wall Street.
He now has a new bully pulpit as the host of "Viewpoint" on Al Gore's cable network, Current TV.
Governor Spitzer joins us to sound the alarm on the interest rate rigging scandal and to talk some politics as the political conventions are just a few weeks away.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 1 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 19 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 42 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 14 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
19 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos