Ex-Cook Co. official Eugene Mullins charged with corruption
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A former Cook County official was indicted on federal charges Thursday for allegedly steering contracts in return for thousands of dollars.
Eugene Mullins was the director of the Cook County Department of Public Affairs and Communications between March 2008 and November 2010. He's accused of steering four county contracts worth about $25,000 each to four acquaintances.
Prosecutors say Mullins then solicited a portion of the contract payments to collect around $35,000 for himself.
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's 42 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman 21 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Obama lights National Christmas Tree
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos