Politics & Elections
Stricter tanning laws take effect in New York state
LONG BEACH (WABC) -- A tough new tanning law is in effect in New York state Wednesday.
The law prohibits children under the age of 17 from using indoor ultraviolet tanning devices, and those who are 17 need a parent's consent to use a tanning bed.
Previously, the total ban applied to children under age 14.
Dermatologists say not all parents are responsible enough to understand the risks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york state politics, tanning, politics & elections
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 3 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 5 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 19 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos