Politics & Elections
Stricter tanning laws take effect in New York state
LONG BEACH (WABC) -- A tough new tanning law is in effect in New York state Wednesday.
The law prohibits children under the age of 17 from using indoor ultraviolet tanning devices, and those who are 17 need a parent's consent to use a tanning bed.
Previously, the total ban applied to children under age 14.
Dermatologists say not all parents are responsible enough to understand the risks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york state politics, tanning, politics & elections
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos