Politics & Elections
Up Close: Second Avenue subway explosion
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nerves were rattled, as a planned underground explosion for the Second Avenue subway sent debris and smoke shooting above ground.
Residents already fed up with all the construction noise from the Second Avenue subway found themselves fearing for their lives.
What was supposed to be a controlled blast did not go as planned.
We'll look at went wrong and what happens now to the long-awaited subway line.
Plus: He's been called 'Nanny Bloomberg', and now the mayor's latest health initiative literally involves looking out for newborns.
The mayor wants more moms to breastfeed with a campaign called 'Latch on NYC'. But will it catch on with new moms?
And we'll talk about the upcoming Republican and Democratic conventions.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 43 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall