Politics & Elections
Up Close: Queens Congressional Race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of you know who you are voting for in the presidential race, but not as much attention has been paid to the congressional contests.
A handful of races in New York state could have a significant impact on who takes control of the House.
One of those contests is the race for the redrawn 6th congressional district in Queens, covering the central and northeastern part of the borough.
Most of the area is represented by Rep. Gary Ackerman, who is retiring.
We'll talk this week with the two candidates who want to fill his seat.
On the Democratic side: State Assemblywoman Grace Meng, campaigning to become the first Asian-American to represent New York in Washington.
Making the case on the Republican side: attorney and City Councilman Dan Halloran.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97