Politics & Elections
Up Close: Sandy Recovery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- With so much devastation up and down the Jersey Shore from Hurricane Sandy, the leader of both parties in New Jersey are vowing to work together in the recovery effort.
We saw how united President Obama and Governor Christie appeared when the two men toured damaged areas in the state.
That spirit of bipartisanship can also be seen now from legislative leaders on both sides of the aisle.
They will begin holding hearings in the storm-ravaged areas, to find out how to rebuild and how to protect the vulnerable shore from future storms.
Residents in the barrier islands in New Jersey just this week got to return home to see the damage for the first time.
We'll talk with New Jersey State Senate President and Democrat Steve Sweeney, and Senate Republican leader Thomas Kean, Jr.
On Long Island, many residents are outraged at the amount of time it took for the Long Island Power Authority to fully restore power.
While parts of Long Island struggle to get back to normal, the utility's Chief Operating Officer Michael Hervey announced he's resigning at the end of the year.
We'll go one on one with Hervey about his decision to step down, and the utility's response to the hurricane.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos