Politics & Elections
Up Close: Sandy Recovery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- With so much devastation up and down the Jersey Shore from Hurricane Sandy, the leader of both parties in New Jersey are vowing to work together in the recovery effort.
We saw how united President Obama and Governor Christie appeared when the two men toured damaged areas in the state.
That spirit of bipartisanship can also be seen now from legislative leaders on both sides of the aisle.
They will begin holding hearings in the storm-ravaged areas, to find out how to rebuild and how to protect the vulnerable shore from future storms.
Residents in the barrier islands in New Jersey just this week got to return home to see the damage for the first time.
We'll talk with New Jersey State Senate President and Democrat Steve Sweeney, and Senate Republican leader Thomas Kean, Jr.
On Long Island, many residents are outraged at the amount of time it took for the Long Island Power Authority to fully restore power.
While parts of Long Island struggle to get back to normal, the utility's Chief Operating Officer Michael Hervey announced he's resigning at the end of the year.
We'll go one on one with Hervey about his decision to step down, and the utility's response to the hurricane.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Winter Weather Advisory 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 38 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 19 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 52 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
38 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
39 min ago