Politics & Elections
Up Close: New Representatives
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's been one month since Election Day, and while a lame duck Congress tackles the fiscal cliff, new members are getting ready to be sworn in.
Among them are two of New York's newest representatives: Grace Meng, who will represent the 6th Congressional District in Queens, and Hakeem Jeffries, who will represent the 8th Congressional District in Brooklyn.
From scoring federal funds for Sandy recovery to dealing with a looming fiscal crisis, we'll talk with both incoming lawmakers about changes they hope to make in Washington.
Plus, New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli reveals how much more New York tax payers will have to pay if Congress and the White House don't reach a deal to avert the "Fiscal Cliff."
Also, many questions have been raised after a man was shoved onto the subway tracks this week and killed by an oncoming train.
We'll talk about the incident with celebrated subway hero Wesley Autrey, who rushed to help a man who had a seizure and fell onto the tracks six years ago.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 12 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 33 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 15 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 24 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen