Politics & Elections
Up Close: John Liu
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City Comptroller John Liu never concealed his ambition to become mayor.
Some may say he's been campaigning for the last four years.
But his road to City Hall hit a roadblock when federal investigators arrested one of his campaign fundraisers and a staffer over illegal contributions.
Liu has not been charged with any wrongdoing, and now the defiant and determined candidate is telling the feds 'Put up or shut up'.
Liu joins us this week to discuss his mayoral bid.
Also, the U.S. Supreme Court this week will hear arguments on two major cases addressing same-sex marriage.
The cases could determine whether gay and lesbian couples will be allowed to marry and be recognized by the federal govement.
The hearings come at a time when we're seeing a dramatic rise in public support for same-sex marriage.
Joining us to explain more about what is at stake is Attorney Lavi Soloway, who has been working for the right of gay and lesbian couples to marry and be recognized under federal law. And, Sheldon Baker and Roger Goodman, a couple who got legally married almost two years ago in New York.
We'll also look at the newest venture for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani: an infomercial for identity theft prevention.
What does it mean for his future in politics?
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos