Politics & Elections
Caroline Kennedy in line for Ambassador to Japan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A major change of address could be in the cards for New Yorker Caroline Kennedy, who may be headed to Tokyo as America's next ambassador to Japan.
Published reports say the 55 year old Kennedy is currently being vetted for the position.
Kennedy was a major fundraiser for both of Barack Obama's presidential runs.
The ambassadorship is considered a plum diplomatic position.
Kennedy is the daughter of the late president john f. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
caroline kennedy, politics & elections
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 48 min ago
- Woman tries to abduct baby from nanny in Chelsea 7 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 57 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster