Politics & Elections
Caroline Kennedy in line for Ambassador to Japan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A major change of address could be in the cards for New Yorker Caroline Kennedy, who may be headed to Tokyo as America's next ambassador to Japan.
Published reports say the 55 year old Kennedy is currently being vetted for the position.
Kennedy was a major fundraiser for both of Barack Obama's presidential runs.
The ambassadorship is considered a plum diplomatic position.
Kennedy is the daughter of the late president john f. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
caroline kennedy, politics & elections
- Missing plane may have turned back
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 7 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams