Politics & Elections
Caroline Kennedy in line for Ambassador to Japan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A major change of address could be in the cards for New Yorker Caroline Kennedy, who may be headed to Tokyo as America's next ambassador to Japan.
Published reports say the 55 year old Kennedy is currently being vetted for the position.
Kennedy was a major fundraiser for both of Barack Obama's presidential runs.
The ambassadorship is considered a plum diplomatic position.
Kennedy is the daughter of the late president john f. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
caroline kennedy, politics & elections
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged 8 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 20 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 31 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing 1 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Third grader hit and killed by truck,...
8 min ago