Politics & Elections
Anthony Weiner sexting partner Sydney Leathers shows up at primary party
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On Tuesday night, one of Weiner's former sexting partners, Sydney Leathers showed up at Anthony Weiner's primary party in Midtown.
When asked about the surprise appearance, Leathers said, "I mean, why not be here? I'm kind of the reason why he is losing."
When Weiner entered the mayoral race, there was thought he may have a shot despite having to resign from Congress amid a sexting scandal.
In the middle of the campaign, Weiner confirmed he continued sexting long after he resigned from Congress, and warned the public that someone like Leathers would come forward, which she did.
"I have a lot of things that I want to say to him, I guess it depends on whether it would be public or private, but he needs to stop being an embarrassment to the city of New York," says Leathers, "he should have dropped out of the race a long time ago."
Leathers insisted that Weiner should focus on getting sex therapy instead of running for public office.
If Weiner were to ever run for political office again, Leathers said she would show up again.
"Of course, why not? He's going to continue this behavior. If it is not me, it is going to be another," Leathers says.
new york city politics, politics & elections
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 36 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos