Politics & Elections
Anthony Weiner sexting partner Sydney Leathers shows up at primary party
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On Tuesday night, one of Weiner's former sexting partners, Sydney Leathers showed up at Anthony Weiner's primary party in Midtown.
When asked about the surprise appearance, Leathers said, "I mean, why not be here? I'm kind of the reason why he is losing."
When Weiner entered the mayoral race, there was thought he may have a shot despite having to resign from Congress amid a sexting scandal.
In the middle of the campaign, Weiner confirmed he continued sexting long after he resigned from Congress, and warned the public that someone like Leathers would come forward, which she did.
"I have a lot of things that I want to say to him, I guess it depends on whether it would be public or private, but he needs to stop being an embarrassment to the city of New York," says Leathers, "he should have dropped out of the race a long time ago."
Leathers insisted that Weiner should focus on getting sex therapy instead of running for public office.
If Weiner were to ever run for political office again, Leathers said she would show up again.
"Of course, why not? He's going to continue this behavior. If it is not me, it is going to be another," Leathers says.
new york city politics, politics & elections
- Missing plane may have turned back 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 30 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 3 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
54 min ago