State Sen. Phil Berger's son to run for Congress
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, N.C. -- The son of State Senate leader Phil Berger is running for Congress.
Phil Berger Jr. is expected to formally announce his intention to run for North Carolina's Sixth Congressional seat.
Rep. Howard Coble, who held that seat for decades, announced earlier this month that he's retiring when his term ends.
Berger currently serves as Rockingham County's lead prosecutor.
north carolina news, inside politics
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded 58 min ago
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring 39 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
58 min ago