Northern Illinois football team heads to Florida ahead of Orange Bowl vs Florida State
December 26, 2012 (ROCKFORD, Ill.) -- The Northern Illinois Huskies are Orange Bowl bound.
The team boarded a plane in Rockford Wednesday morning to head to Miami for the Orange Bowl. Their plane touched down shortly before 11 a.m.
NIU is the first MAC team to play in a BCS bowl. They are big underdogs against the Florida State Seminoles.Game day is New Year's Day.
ABC7's Rafer Weigel will have reports from South Florida starting Monday.
sports, rafer weigel
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97