Mike Tice out? Aaron Kromer new Bears offensive coordinator, AP reports
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- New Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman wasted little time filling out his staff after being hired on Wednesday.
- STORY: Trestman hired as Bears head coach
- PHOTOS: Pictures of Marc Trestman
- PHOTOS: Look back at the Bears coaching candidates
A person familiar with the situation said the Bears hired New Orleans Saints offensive line coach Aaron Kromer as their offensive coordinator. The person spoke Wednesday on the condition of anonymity because the move had not been announced.
Also, the Dallas Cowboys reported on their website that special teams coach Joe DeCamillis is leaving to become Chicago's assistant head coach/special teams coordinator.
Kromer served as the Saints' head coach for six games this season while interim head coach Joe Vitt was suspended for his role in the bounty scandal. Saints coach Sean Payton had to sit out the year.
Kromer has been with New Orleans since 2008, coaching running backs for a year before moving over to the offensive line. He and Trestman worked together on the Oakland Raiders' staff.
DeCamillis has coached or coordinated special teams in the NFL for 25 years - the last four with Dallas - and worked in Atlanta when Bears general manager Phil Emery was the Falcons' college scouting director. He interviewed for Chicago's head coaching job but is joining Trestman's staff, instead. He replaces Dave Toub, who left to take a similar job under Andy Reid in Kansas City.
The Bears' special teams consistently ranked among the best during Toub's nine seasons, with stars such as return specialist Devin Hester and kicker Robbie Gould. They boasted one of the top coverage units this year with Eric Weems and Blake Costanzo.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 29 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker 4 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 2 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos