MTSU, coach Davis agree on 5-year extension
Coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year contract extension with Middle Tennessee that runs through the 2016-17 season.MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Coach Kermit Davis has agreed to a five-year contract extension with Middle Tennessee that runs through the 2016-17 season.
Athletic director Chris Massaro announced the deal on Wednesday, saying continuity is the best way for the Blue Raiders to accomplish their goals.
Davis took the Blue Raiders to a school-record 27 wins this season and was the Sun Belt Conference coach of the year. The Blue Raiders lost to Minnesota in the National Invitation Tournament in the quarterfinals after a big win at Tennessee.
Davis now is Middle Tennessee's winningest coach after 10 seasons.
Counting this spring, the last 23 players to finish their eligibility under Davis will graduate from Middle Tennessee.
The deal still must be approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos