Butler's mascot diagnosed with pneumonia
Butler's lovable bulldog mascot is feeling blue.INDIANAPOLIS -- Butler's lovable bulldog mascot is feeling blue.
Blue II informed fans through Twitter that he has been diagnosed with pneumonia and is being treated with intravenous fluids and antibiotics. He says the doctor expects him to mend quickly, and Blue II even returned to his doghouse, not Hinkle Fieldhouse, Tuesday night.
For now, Blue II will have to sit quietly as his successor, Blue III, makes appearances around town.
Bulldog fans long have enjoyed watching Blue II prance around Hinkle Fieldhouse, but he didn't put the bite on the nation's college basketball fans until Butler made its remarkable run to the 2010 NCAA championship game. Players routinely pat the dog's head during pregame warm-ups, and NCAA officials even allowed Blue II to walk onto the Final Four court in Indy.
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 8 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos