NC State's Purvis to transfer to Connecticut
North Carolina State freshman Rodney Purvis says he's heading to Connecticut.RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina State freshman Rodney Purvis says he's heading to Connecticut.
Four days after announcing he would transfer, Purvis said Friday afternoon in a brief phone interview that he planned to play for the Huskies.
The school had granted Purvis a release to transfer to any school outside the Atlantic Coast Conference except Missouri and Cincinnati, which the program plans to add to its nonconference schedule. The ACC ban includes eventual new arrivals Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame and Louisville.
Purvis would have to sit out a year before taking the court for the Huskies.
In a statement at the time of his announcement, Purvis said he needed "a fresh start" and to "step outside of my comfort zone" by going elsewhere. By Friday, he had tweeted he was "feeling Husky!!!!!!"
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 52 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 53 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 11 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
49 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
52 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos