Duke adds No. 12 prospect to recruiting class
Kendall Cooper, a 6-foot-3 post player from St. Anthony (Long Beach, Calif.) and the No. 12 prospect in the 2013 class, became part of a blockbuster recruiting class when she committed to Duke on Thursday during a ceremony at school.
Kendall Cooper, a 6-foot-3 post player from St. Anthony High (Long Beach, Calif.) and the No. 12 prospect in the 2013 class, became part of a blockbuster recruiting class when she committed to Duke on Thursday during a ceremony at her school.
Cooper joins guard Rebecca Greenwell (the No. 6 overall prospect), forward Oderah Chidom (No. 10) and point guard Kianna Holland (No. 32) in the Blue Devils' loaded class.
The future looks extremely bright for coach Joanne P. McCallie and the Blue Devils, who had the No. 7 recruiting class in the nation a year ago. Duke is ranked No. 3 in The Associated Press preseason women's basketball poll.
The addition of Cooper helps Duke keep pace with rival North Carolina, which also boasts a 2013 class of four Top 100 players -- No. 3 Diamond DeShields, No. 7 Allisha Gray, No. 14 Jessica Washington and No. 23 Stephanie Mavunga.
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 58 min ago
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records 46 min ago
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos