Duke adds No. 12 prospect to recruiting class
Kendall Cooper, a 6-foot-3 post player from St. Anthony (Long Beach, Calif.) and the No. 12 prospect in the 2013 class, became part of a blockbuster recruiting class when she committed to Duke on Thursday during a ceremony at school.
Kendall Cooper, a 6-foot-3 post player from St. Anthony High (Long Beach, Calif.) and the No. 12 prospect in the 2013 class, became part of a blockbuster recruiting class when she committed to Duke on Thursday during a ceremony at her school.
Cooper joins guard Rebecca Greenwell (the No. 6 overall prospect), forward Oderah Chidom (No. 10) and point guard Kianna Holland (No. 32) in the Blue Devils' loaded class.
The future looks extremely bright for coach Joanne P. McCallie and the Blue Devils, who had the No. 7 recruiting class in the nation a year ago. Duke is ranked No. 3 in The Associated Press preseason women's basketball poll.
The addition of Cooper helps Duke keep pace with rival North Carolina, which also boasts a 2013 class of four Top 100 players -- No. 3 Diamond DeShields, No. 7 Allisha Gray, No. 14 Jessica Washington and No. 23 Stephanie Mavunga.
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment 50 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos