No. 13 recruit Williams says she picked Florida
Ronni Williams, the No. 13 prospect in the 2013 class, has decided to stay close to home.Ronni Williams, the No. 13 prospect in the 2013 class, has decided to stay close to home.
The 6-foot-2 senior wing out of Atlantic High in Delray Beach, Fla., gave her verbal commitment to Florida and coach Amanda Butler on Friday, she told the Daytona Beach News-Journal.
"I want to play in the SEC," Williams told the newspaper. "Academics are important, too."
Williams, a five-star prospect who has been named player of the year three times by the News-Journal, is the Gators' first commit in the 2013 class.
All-SEC selection Jennifer George is the lone senior on the Gators' roster.
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 44 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 3 min ago
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos