Baylor still No. 1 as top 5 unchanged in AP poll
Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.
The Lady Bears received all the first-place votes Monday after routing Lamar. The top five teams remained unchanged with UConn, Duke, Stanford and Maryland following Baylor.
The Lady Bears have a busy week ahead. They host No. 6 Kentucky on Tuesday before heading to Hawaii to play in the Rainbow Wahine Classic. Baylor will face the fourth-ranked Cardinal on Friday in a rematch of a national semifinal game from last season.
Texas jumped into the rankings at No. 19 after beating then-No. 14 St. John's. The Red Storm fell to 20th. Georgetown also entered the poll at No. 25 after knocking off then-No. 11 Delaware. The Blue Hens, who fell to 17th, are missing star Elena Delle Donne, who is dealing with symptoms of Lyme disease.
Georgia Tech and DePaul dropped out of the poll.
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 40 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 48 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 34 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos