Baylor still No. 1 as top 5 unchanged in AP poll
Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.Baylor is again the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll.
The Lady Bears received all the first-place votes Monday after routing Lamar. The top five teams remained unchanged with UConn, Duke, Stanford and Maryland following Baylor.
The Lady Bears have a busy week ahead. They host No. 6 Kentucky on Tuesday before heading to Hawaii to play in the Rainbow Wahine Classic. Baylor will face the fourth-ranked Cardinal on Friday in a rematch of a national semifinal game from last season.
Texas jumped into the rankings at No. 19 after beating then-No. 14 St. John's. The Red Storm fell to 20th. Georgetown also entered the poll at No. 25 after knocking off then-No. 11 Delaware. The Blue Hens, who fell to 17th, are missing star Elena Delle Donne, who is dealing with symptoms of Lyme disease.
Georgia Tech and DePaul dropped out of the poll.
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos