Scaife, No. 9 recruit, chooses to attend Rutgers
Tyler Scaife, the No. 9 girls' basketball prospect in the nation, announced on Friday that she'll be heading to Rutgers.Tyler Scaife, the No. 9 girls' basketball prospect in the nation, announced on Friday that she'll be heading to Rutgers.
"I will be attending Rutgers for the next four years," Scaife wrote on Twitter.
Scaife, a 5-foot-8 guard from Hall (Little Rock, Ark.), was the only player in the top 10 of the 2013 class rankings who had not made her verbal commitment.
She had also been considering Tennessee, Kentucky, LSU and Ohio State.
It's the second time this week that Scaife has made national news. On Monday, she scored 20 points in an 88-0 Hall win over Fair (Little Rock, Ark.).
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 28 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 36 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 35 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos