Scaife, No. 9 recruit, chooses to attend Rutgers
Tyler Scaife, the No. 9 girls' basketball prospect in the nation, announced on Friday that she'll be heading to Rutgers.Tyler Scaife, the No. 9 girls' basketball prospect in the nation, announced on Friday that she'll be heading to Rutgers.
"I will be attending Rutgers for the next four years," Scaife wrote on Twitter.
Scaife, a 5-foot-8 guard from Hall (Little Rock, Ark.), was the only player in the top 10 of the 2013 class rankings who had not made her verbal commitment.
She had also been considering Tennessee, Kentucky, LSU and Ohio State.
It's the second time this week that Scaife has made national news. On Monday, she scored 20 points in an 88-0 Hall win over Fair (Little Rock, Ark.).
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 57 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos