Sun sign British Olympian Leedham to contract
British Olympian Johannah Leedham has signed to play with the WNBA's Connecticut Sun.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- British Olympian Johannah Leedham has signed to play with the WNBA's Connecticut Sun.
The team, which drafted Leedham almost three years ago, did not disclose details of the rookie contract on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Leedham led the British Olympic team, averaging 16.2 points and 5.2 rebounds during the 2012 summer Games in London. She also has played professionally in Poland and Australia.
Leedham scored 3,050 points during her college career at Franklin Pierce, becoming the all-time leading scorer in Division II women's basketball.
It will be a homecoming of sorts for Leedham, who was the New England Prep School Player of the Year in 2005 at Connecticut's Cheshire Academy.
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 48 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 52 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 26 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 23 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos