Obama: Baylor to beat ND for women's title
President Barack Obama has predicted that Baylor will beat Notre Dame in the women's tournament final.
President Barack Obama, whose women's NCAA basketball tournament bracket was unveiled Friday morning, expects a repeat winner.
The president has Baylor defeating Notre Dame in the championship game, set for April 9 in New Orleans. Baylor beat Notre Dame 80-61 in last year's title matchup in Denver and handed the Irish their only loss of this season -- a 73-61 decision on Dec. 5.
A year ago, Obama also picked Baylor to beat Notre Dame in the title game.
Notre Dame has won 26 straight games since that loss. Baylor enters the tournament on a 30-game winning streak, its only loss coming Nov. 16 against archrival Stanford. Obama has Cal beating Stanford in the Spokane regional final.
Joining Baylor and Notre Dame in the president's Final Four are Connecticut and California. Three of his teams are No. 1 seeds; California is a No. 2 seed.
The rest of Obama's Elite Eight includes Tennessee, Nebraska and Kentucky.
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 15 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 16 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
12 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
49 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos