Mets lose to Reds, 4-1
NEW YORK -- Homer Bailey pitched out of trouble for eight innings, Jay Bruce hit a three-run homer and the Cincinnati Reds beat the New York Mets 4-1 on Saturday night for their fifth straight victory.
Ryan Ludwick added an RBI single to help the NL Central leaders move a season-best 10 games over .500 at 37-27.
Bailey worked his way through several early jams and took advantage of the ample dimensions at Citi Field.
Though the fences were brought in before this season, David Wright hit two of four Mets drives that were caught within steps of the wall.
One night after Joey Votto and Wright were both hit by pitches, this time it was Bruce and Mets cleanup batter Lucas Duda. But again, no trouble ensued.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york mets, mlb
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos