Phillies place LHP Lee on DL with oblique strain
The Philadelphia Phillies placed Cliff Lee on the 15-day disabled list on Saturday, three days after he strained a muscle in his left side in the 10th inning of his gem at San Francisco.SAN DIEGO -- The Philadelphia Phillies placed Cliff Lee on the 15-day disabled list on Saturday, three days after he strained a muscle in his left side in the 10th inning of his gem at San Francisco.
"We're being very cautious with this," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. `'There's no reason for him to kind of completely blow it out because it's an injury that if he hurts himself and really pulls it, we could lose him for a long time. We'll shut him down, get him right and hopefully he'll miss only a couple of starts and go from there."
Lee strained his left oblique.
"I don't know what pitch it was, but he must have made a pitch that bothered him a little bit," Amaro said.
Lee threw 10 scoreless innings Wednesday night at San Francisco but got a no-decision. The Giants won 1-0 in 11 innings.
The lefty had been scheduled to pitch Monday night at Arizona. Right-hander Kyle Kendrick is now scheduled to make that start.
To take Lee's spot on the roster, the Phillies recalled lefty Joe Savery from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos