Damon will make Indians debut vs. White Sox
Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.CHICAGO -- Johnny Damon is set to make his season debut for the Cleveland Indians, starting in left field and batting leadoff against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
Cleveland signed the 38-year-old free agent April 17 in hopes of jumpstarting an inconsistent offense. The Indians have scored just 20 runs in their last eight games but are still in first place in the AL Central, leading the White Sox by percentage points.
Damon, who hit .261 with 16 homers, 73 RBIs and 19 stolen bases in 150 games last year with Tampa Bay, is playing for his fourth different club in four years and seventh overall.
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 4 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma 5 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos