Heat's Chalmers fined $15K for hit on Griffin
Miami Heat guard Mario Chalmers was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Friday for hitting Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin in the throat with a forearm Thursday night.
The fine stems from a play with 8:05 left in the third quarter of Thursday's game, when Chalmers was attempting to fight through a screen and raised his forearm into Griffin's neck.
Chalmers was called for a common foul during the game, but the league upgraded the infraction on Friday to a flagrant foul 1.
Chalmers appeared to complain to referees immediately after the play that the shot on Griffin wasn't intentional. Griffin grabbed his neck and shook off the blow, but did not attempt to retaliate.
Griffin finished with 27 points and 14 rebounds in the 102-97 loss to the Heat.
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 27 min ago
- Limited Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 22 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos