Bobcats coach Clifford to return vs. Hawks
The Charlotte Bobcats say head coach Steve Clifford will coach Monday night against the Atlanta Hawks after having two stents placed in his heart Friday.
The Bobcats' first-year head coach checked himself into a Charlotte hospital with chest pains Thursday night. He was hospitalized overnight and doctors performed the procedure the following day.
Associate head coach Patrick Ewing filled in as head coach against the New York Knicks on Friday night, a game the Bobcats lost 101-91 to fall to 3-3.
The 52-year-old Clifford joined the Bobcats during this offseason, replacing Mike Dunlap, who was fired after one season.
Clifford will have a busy week as the Bobcats have four games in six days beginning Monday.
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 12 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 26 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 12 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 17 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
12 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos