Jets' Santonio Holmes out for season with foot injury
NEW YORK -- Santonio Holmes will miss the rest of this season with a Lisfranc injury in his left foot, leaving the struggling New York Jets without their top offensive playmaker.
The Jets announced Wednesday that Holmes, who will require surgery, was placed on season-ending injured reserve. The team signed free agent wide receiver Jason Hill to help replace him.
The news comes just over a week after star cornerback Darrelle Revis was likely lost for the season with a torn ligament in his left knee.
Holmes went down on the first play of the fourth quarter Sunday after catching a short pass. X-rays on the foot were negative, but the MRI exam results were sent to a foot specialist in North Carolina and the Jets' worst fears were confirmed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york jets, nfl
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 36 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident