Jets' Santonio Holmes out for season with foot injury
NEW YORK -- Santonio Holmes will miss the rest of this season with a Lisfranc injury in his left foot, leaving the struggling New York Jets without their top offensive playmaker.
The Jets announced Wednesday that Holmes, who will require surgery, was placed on season-ending injured reserve. The team signed free agent wide receiver Jason Hill to help replace him.
The news comes just over a week after star cornerback Darrelle Revis was likely lost for the season with a torn ligament in his left knee.
Holmes went down on the first play of the fourth quarter Sunday after catching a short pass. X-rays on the foot were negative, but the MRI exam results were sent to a foot specialist in North Carolina and the Jets' worst fears were confirmed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york jets, nfl
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos