Rex Ryan photo with Jets fan goes viral
CORTLAND, N.Y. (WABC) -- A chance meeting between a New York Jets fan and coach Rex Ryan has produced a viral photo.
Rex Ryan and his coaching staff went out to the Dark Horse Tavern in Cortland, New York on Saturday night and bumped into Joseph Grinwis, a lifelong Jets fan.
Grinwis was wearing a t-shirt that reads "This Team Makes Me Drink" at the time, but he walked up to Ryan anyway hoping for a photo.
He said he told the coach how much he loved the Jets. Grinwis told Yahoo! Sports that Ryan looked at the shirt and laughed.
"He didn't make a comment. He just laughed," Grinwis said.
He said that Ryan was appreciative of his support and that he made a 3-hour drive from Wantage, New Jersey to training camp.
Grinwis tweeted the photo and watched it go viral overnight, with variousr sports and news organizations picking up the story.
For fans hoping to get their own "This Team Makes Me Drink" shirt, Grinwis says he purchased it online at Crosstown New York, which is selling the shirt for $20.
new york jets, nfl
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 55 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 54 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 45 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 43 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
55 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos