Rex Ryan photo with Jets fan goes viral
CORTLAND, N.Y. (WABC) -- A chance meeting between a New York Jets fan and coach Rex Ryan has produced a viral photo.
Rex Ryan and his coaching staff went out to the Dark Horse Tavern in Cortland, New York on Saturday night and bumped into Joseph Grinwis, a lifelong Jets fan.
Grinwis was wearing a t-shirt that reads "This Team Makes Me Drink" at the time, but he walked up to Ryan anyway hoping for a photo.
He said he told the coach how much he loved the Jets. Grinwis told Yahoo! Sports that Ryan looked at the shirt and laughed.
"He didn't make a comment. He just laughed," Grinwis said.
He said that Ryan was appreciative of his support and that he made a 3-hour drive from Wantage, New Jersey to training camp.
Grinwis tweeted the photo and watched it go viral overnight, with variousr sports and news organizations picking up the story.
For fans hoping to get their own "This Team Makes Me Drink" shirt, Grinwis says he purchased it online at Crosstown New York, which is selling the shirt for $20.
new york jets, nfl
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama holds end of year news conference 4 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos