Deadline approaching for Islanders to reach deal
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- The deadline is fast approaching for the New York Islanders to reach a deal for a new arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said on WFAN that the team must have a new building and must have concrete plans soon, with the lease at the Nassau Coliseum set to expire in 2015.
In August, Nassau County voters defeated a referendum that would have permitted the county to borrow up to $400 million to build a new arena and a minor league ballpark at the hub site.
new york islanders, long island, nassau county, hockey
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 44 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos