Deadline approaching for Islanders to reach deal
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- The deadline is fast approaching for the New York Islanders to reach a deal for a new arena.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said on WFAN that the team must have a new building and must have concrete plans soon, with the lease at the Nassau Coliseum set to expire in 2015.
In August, Nassau County voters defeated a referendum that would have permitted the county to borrow up to $400 million to build a new arena and a minor league ballpark at the hub site.
new york islanders, long island, nassau county, hockey
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 18 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 16 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 50 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos