Preds sued over 'human hockey puck' accident
A Nashville radio personality is suing the NHL's Predators over an injury from the "human hockey puck" stunt.NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A Nashville radio personality is suing the the Nashville Predators over an injury he suffered during the "human hockey puck" stunt.
The suit by Adam "Intern Adam" Davis of WRVW-FM was filed this week in Davidson County Circuit Court and seeks $25,000 for medical bills.
The lawsuit said the Predators invited Davis to do the stunt between periods Dec. 13, and he was injured practicing it.
The trick was supposed to use a sled and giant slingshot to propel Davis across the ice rink into bowling pins. The suit, first reported by The City Paper, claims that Davis instead was thrown into the side of rink. He broke his ankle and had to undergo surgery.
A spokeswoman for the Predators said Wednesday that the team doesn't comment on pending litigation.
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Authorities: Hofstra home invasion student killed by police 17 min ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos