IDs revealed of 3 found dead at Fort Hood home
FT. HOOD -- Funeral services have been held for two young girls killed by their father at Fort Hood just hours before their mother returned from a deployment in Afghanistan.
Hundreds attended the service in Killeen for 9-year-old Leila Ezzeddine and 4-year-old Zeinab Ezzeddine. The Killeen Daily Herald reports pink flowers covered a single casket carrying the bodies of the girls.
Military authorities say 43-year-old Rouhad Ahamd Ezzeddine killed his daughters Jan. 21 before taking his own life. Authorities have not revealed how the three died.
The bodies were found in a Fort Hood home assigned to the children's mother, 33-year-old Private 1st Class Carla Santisteban.
Santisteban's brother, Jose Santisteban, eulogized his nieces Monday by saying they were angels who "came to this world to put a smile on my sister, to put a smile on me."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash