Memorial Fund for Fallen Chicago Fire Captain Herbert 'Herbie' Johnson
November 5, 2012 (RELEASE) -- BMO Harris Bank, in partnership with the Ende, Menzer, Walsh & Quinn Retirees', Widows' and Children's Assistance Fund and Chicago Firefighters Union Local 2, today announced the establishment of a memorial fund to benefit the family of Herbert ''Herbie'' Johnson, who made the ultimate sacrifice in a tragic incident battling a fire in Chicago.
- PHOTOS: Chicago firefighter dies battling blaze
"Chicago lost a very courageous man. The City has come together to honor Herbie's life and to be there for his family, and for this, the department is extremely grateful," said Tony Martin, Lieutenant, Chicago Fire Department. "We're also grateful to BMO Harris Bank for their generosity and kindness in establishing this memorial fund and their financial contribution."
All BMO Harris locations are currently accepting cash or check donations from customers or the general public, with donations going towards supporting Herbie's family. Checks can be made payable to the Herbert "Herbie" Johnson Memorial Fund. The Account number for the fund is 4811970462.
Donations can also be made online at www.widowsandchildren.org. Donation acknowledgement forms will be generated for all contributions of $250 or more in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service guidelines. Individuals needing tax receipts will be required to use a check.
Donations can also be made via mail to:
BMO Harris Bank - Community Affairs Department
111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
The account is being established through the Ende, Menzer, Walsh & Quinn Retirees', Widows' and Children's Assistance Fund: An IRS established (501c3) charitable organization whose mission is to provide financial assistance to the neediest widows and children of Chicago firefighters and paramedics.
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 1 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
1 min ago