Run For Kelli
November 11, 2012 -- In October 2011, a suburban teenager was stabbed to death when she apparently interrupted a burglary in her parents' Indian Head Park home.
Kelli O'Laughlin was a freshman at Lyons Township High School, and on Sunday, November 11, 2012, hundreds gathered at the school for a run in her memory. All proceeds from the "Run for Kelli" (http://tinyurl.com/RunforKelli) go to the Kelli Joy O'Laughlin Memorial Fund.
There will also be a raffle for all participants. Featured prizes include tickets to Chicago Bears and Bulls games, gift certificates to restaurants and golf courses, spas and more.
ABC7's Ben Bradley recently talked to her parents as they organized the run, and Brenda and John O'Laughlin joined us live from the event site during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to tell us more.
"Run for Kelli"
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Lyons Township High School South Campus
4900 Willow Springs Road
Four race times:
7:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m. (one-mile walk concurrently with final race)
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 49 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again 26 min ago
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released 37 min ago
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest 11 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse