Run For Kelli
November 11, 2012 -- In October 2011, a suburban teenager was stabbed to death when she apparently interrupted a burglary in her parents' Indian Head Park home.
Kelli O'Laughlin was a freshman at Lyons Township High School, and on Sunday, November 11, 2012, hundreds gathered at the school for a run in her memory. All proceeds from the "Run for Kelli" (http://tinyurl.com/RunforKelli) go to the Kelli Joy O'Laughlin Memorial Fund.
There will also be a raffle for all participants. Featured prizes include tickets to Chicago Bears and Bulls games, gift certificates to restaurants and golf courses, spas and more.
ABC7's Ben Bradley recently talked to her parents as they organized the run, and Brenda and John O'Laughlin joined us live from the event site during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to tell us more.
"Run for Kelli"
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Lyons Township High School South Campus
4900 Willow Springs Road
Four race times:
7:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m. (one-mile walk concurrently with final race)
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos