Need to rescan? Find out how
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Here are five easy steps to rescanning your converter box!
Now that the digital transition has occured, viewers with converter boxes will occassionally need to re-scan them in order to make sure they're getting all the channels available and best reception possible. Follow these simple steps that will help you receive digital signals.
Step One: Disconnect your antenna from the converter box. Access your television's menu.
Step Two: Following your television's on-screen instructions for looking for new channels, re-scan the converter box or digital television without the antenna connected.
Step Three: When the box finishes looking for channels, unplug your converter box or television for several minutes.
Step Four: Reconnect your antenna to the converter box tightly, and plug everything back in.
Step Five: Go back to your television's main menu and rescan for the new channels one more time. Once the scan is finished, check to make sure that your channels are now available!
For more information, and to watch a video of the re-scanning process, please visit www.dtv.gov.
For answers to more questions about DTV, please visit our special section on 7online.com by clicking here.
digital television, dtv, station information
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures