Need to rescan? Find out how
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Here are five easy steps to rescanning your converter box!
Now that the digital transition has occured, viewers with converter boxes will occassionally need to re-scan them in order to make sure they're getting all the channels available and best reception possible. Follow these simple steps that will help you receive digital signals.
Step One: Disconnect your antenna from the converter box. Access your television's menu.
Step Two: Following your television's on-screen instructions for looking for new channels, re-scan the converter box or digital television without the antenna connected.
Step Three: When the box finishes looking for channels, unplug your converter box or television for several minutes.
Step Four: Reconnect your antenna to the converter box tightly, and plug everything back in.
Step Five: Go back to your television's main menu and rescan for the new channels one more time. Once the scan is finished, check to make sure that your channels are now available!
For more information, and to watch a video of the re-scanning process, please visit www.dtv.gov.
For answers to more questions about DTV, please visit our special section on 7online.com by clicking here.
digital television, dtv, station information
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 59 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 59 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays
- Snow coming down in New York City 37 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 12 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 20 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 7 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos