Life & Community
Coming up: Lincoln Center Festival
NEW YORK -- Once again, the Lincoln Center Festival will be bringing the world to you.
The lineup of this year's festival, taking place July 5 through Aug. 5 at seven venues on and off the Lincoln Center campus, will be composed of 72 performances by artist and ensembles representing seven different countries.
Those acts include France's Paris Opera Ballet returning to New York following a 16-year absence to perform three different pieces, Australia's Sydney Theatre Company's presentation of Uncle Vanya and Ireland's Druid Theatre Company's staging of DruidMurphy, a cycle of plays by Irish playwright Tom Murphy.
Other highlights will include:
- Mikhail Baryshnikov in a new play, In Paris
- Alan Cumming in National Theatre of Scotland's one-person Macbeth
- A concert honoring the life and work of R&B legend Curtis Mayfield
- China's TAO Dance Theater with New Yorks
- Emilie, an opera by Kaija Saariaho and Amin Malouf, starring Elizabeth Futral
- Feng Yi Teng, a chamber opera by Chinese composer Guo Wenjing, directed by Atom Egoyan
For the festival's full schedule of events, click here.
life & community
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 16 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 59 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
28 min ago