Life & Community
Coming up: Lincoln Center Festival
NEW YORK -- Once again, the Lincoln Center Festival will be bringing the world to you.
The lineup of this year's festival, taking place July 5 through Aug. 5 at seven venues on and off the Lincoln Center campus, will be composed of 72 performances by artist and ensembles representing seven different countries.
Those acts include France's Paris Opera Ballet returning to New York following a 16-year absence to perform three different pieces, Australia's Sydney Theatre Company's presentation of Uncle Vanya and Ireland's Druid Theatre Company's staging of DruidMurphy, a cycle of plays by Irish playwright Tom Murphy.
Other highlights will include:
- Mikhail Baryshnikov in a new play, In Paris
- Alan Cumming in National Theatre of Scotland's one-person Macbeth
- A concert honoring the life and work of R&B legend Curtis Mayfield
- China's TAO Dance Theater with New Yorks
- Emilie, an opera by Kaija Saariaho and Amin Malouf, starring Elizabeth Futral
- Feng Yi Teng, a chamber opera by Chinese composer Guo Wenjing, directed by Atom Egoyan
For the festival's full schedule of events, click here.
life & community
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 8 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 6 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 56 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
28 min ago