Scenic walk to support camp for children
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Join YCS for its 5th Annual Walk and help reach the goal of creating a year-round camp for children in safe havens.
WHEN: Sunday, October 10, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
WHERE: Outback Steak House parking lot, 539 River Road, Edgewater
COST: $15 per person, $25 for a family. Registration fee includes a Walk for YCS T-shirt
Participants will gather outside of Outback Steak House in Edgewater to register and then walk along a 1.5 mile scenic path beside the Hudson River.
Activities include a silent auction, a health and wellness station with a massage therapist and chiropractor, live music and treats for children.
Refreshments will be available. This fundraiser is hosted by the Friends of YCS to establish a year-round camp/retreat for children in YCS' care.
For more information go to www.walkforycs.org
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 11 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 9 min ago
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 9 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
10 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
9 min ago