Plan ahead, travel healthy: Tips for staying well this season
Tens of millions of Americans hit the road each holiday season.
Now, a first-ever study by Orbitz and Walgreens shows why one of the things they should be packing is a preventative health care plan. That's because the odds of catching cold or the flu go up right around holiday time.
In fact, the new survey found that 25 percent of travelers say they've had holiday travel plans interrupted by illness.
Travel Wellness Expert Jim Cohn, a 10-year veteran of the travel industry, discusses the findings. He also shares tips to help you and your family stay healthy over the holidays, and gives advice to travelers who may find themselves falling ill.
You can watch Cohn's advice by clicking the video in the media player above.
air travel, travel, flu, community
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded 56 min ago
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring 37 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
56 min ago