Plan ahead, travel healthy: Tips for staying well this season
Tens of millions of Americans hit the road each holiday season.
Now, a first-ever study by Orbitz and Walgreens shows why one of the things they should be packing is a preventative health care plan. That's because the odds of catching cold or the flu go up right around holiday time.
In fact, the new survey found that 25 percent of travelers say they've had holiday travel plans interrupted by illness.
Travel Wellness Expert Jim Cohn, a 10-year veteran of the travel industry, discusses the findings. He also shares tips to help you and your family stay healthy over the holidays, and gives advice to travelers who may find themselves falling ill.
You can watch Cohn's advice by clicking the video in the media player above.
air travel, travel, flu, community
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 13 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 10 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
50 min ago