Pediatric Cancer Foundation: 'Give Hope' Walk
Cancer is the number one cause of non-accidental death in children.
In fact, some 2,300 children and teenagers die from cancer every year. No one should have to suffer, least of all children.
The Pediatric Cancer Foundation has been a leader, raising awareness and funds for childhood cancer for 40 years. PCF funds the vital work of hospitals by allocating money for treatment, patient/parent care, fellowships and research equipment in the study of pediatric cancer.
On April 10, PCF will host its 17th Annual Walkathon in Riverside Park beginning at the 79th Street Boat Basin. Earlier that morning, PCF will host an inaugural run benefitting children with cancer in Hudson River Park.
To find out how you can help or for more information, go to www.pcfwalk.org.
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home 38 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty 53 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale